May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Greenland man arrested on firearms charges
PORTSMOUTH — A man wanted on a firearms charge was arrested Thursday night in the Gosling Meadows neighborhood.
Joshua Nieves of 265 Portsmouth Ave., Greenland, is charged with two counts of possession of a dangerous weapon by a convicted felon, violation of a protective order and possession of a controlled drug.
He was arrested after law enforcement officers from Greenland, Hampton, the Seacoast Emergency Response Team, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department swarmed the Gosling Meadows neighborhood about 11:45 p.m.
Greenland police obtained arrest warrants for Nieves after receiving information he had firerams, in violation of a final protective order out of 7th Circuit Court, Dover Family.
Additionally, Nieves was convicted in Hillsborough County Superior Court of armed robbery in 2004, according to a press release.
Police said they located and seized a MAC-11 firearm with ammunition.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 9
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 4
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424