June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Greenland man arrested on firearms charges
PORTSMOUTH — A man wanted on a firearms charge was arrested Thursday night in the Gosling Meadows neighborhood.
Joshua Nieves of 265 Portsmouth Ave., Greenland, is charged with two counts of possession of a dangerous weapon by a convicted felon, violation of a protective order and possession of a controlled drug.
He was arrested after law enforcement officers from Greenland, Hampton, the Seacoast Emergency Response Team, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department swarmed the Gosling Meadows neighborhood about 11:45 p.m.
Greenland police obtained arrest warrants for Nieves after receiving information he had firerams, in violation of a final protective order out of 7th Circuit Court, Dover Family.
Additionally, Nieves was convicted in Hillsborough County Superior Court of armed robbery in 2004, according to a press release.
Police said they located and seized a MAC-11 firearm with ammunition.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 1
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424