Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester woman drowned at Pemigewasset Lake in Meredith
MEREDITH — A Manchester woman drowned Saturday night at a lake in Meredith.
New Hampshire State Police Marine Patrol members say Jennifer Loftus, 38, of Belmont Street, in Manchester died Saturday night while swimming in Pemigewasset Lake in Meredith.
The Marine Patrol was notified of a missing person who was last seen swimming in the lake just after 8 p.m. Saturday. Emergency personnel assigned to the Marine Patrol, the Meredith Police Department, Stewart's Ambulance Service, and Meredith Fire and Rescue all responded, pulling Loftus from the water a short time later. She was transported to Lakes Region General Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident remains under investigation, no further information was available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says ‘nothing is really changed’ on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 7
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says ‘nothing is really changed’ on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072