Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester woman drowned at Pemigewasset Lake in Meredith
MEREDITH — A Manchester woman drowned Saturday night at a lake in Meredith.
New Hampshire State Police Marine Patrol members say Jennifer Loftus, 38, of Belmont Street, in Manchester died Saturday night while swimming in Pemigewasset Lake in Meredith.
The Marine Patrol was notified of a missing person who was last seen swimming in the lake just after 8 p.m. Saturday. Emergency personnel assigned to the Marine Patrol, the Meredith Police Department, Stewart's Ambulance Service, and Meredith Fire and Rescue all responded, pulling Loftus from the water a short time later. She was transported to Lakes Region General Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident remains under investigation, no further information was available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072