Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester woman drowned at Pemigewasset Lake in Meredith
MEREDITH — A Manchester woman drowned Saturday night at a lake in Meredith.
New Hampshire State Police Marine Patrol members say Jennifer Loftus, 38, of Belmont Street, in Manchester died Saturday night while swimming in Pemigewasset Lake in Meredith.
The Marine Patrol was notified of a missing person who was last seen swimming in the lake just after 8 p.m. Saturday. Emergency personnel assigned to the Marine Patrol, the Meredith Police Department, Stewart's Ambulance Service, and Meredith Fire and Rescue all responded, pulling Loftus from the water a short time later. She was transported to Lakes Region General Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident remains under investigation, no further information was available.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 88
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?