Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester woman drowned at Pemigewasset Lake in Meredith
MEREDITH — A Manchester woman drowned Saturday night at a lake in Meredith.
New Hampshire State Police Marine Patrol members say Jennifer Loftus, 38, of Belmont Street, in Manchester died Saturday night while swimming in Pemigewasset Lake in Meredith.
The Marine Patrol was notified of a missing person who was last seen swimming in the lake just after 8 p.m. Saturday. Emergency personnel assigned to the Marine Patrol, the Meredith Police Department, Stewart's Ambulance Service, and Meredith Fire and Rescue all responded, pulling Loftus from the water a short time later. She was transported to Lakes Region General Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident remains under investigation, no further information was available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072