Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester woman drowned at Pemigewasset Lake in Meredith
MEREDITH — A Manchester woman drowned Saturday night at a lake in Meredith.
New Hampshire State Police Marine Patrol members say Jennifer Loftus, 38, of Belmont Street, in Manchester died Saturday night while swimming in Pemigewasset Lake in Meredith.
The Marine Patrol was notified of a missing person who was last seen swimming in the lake just after 8 p.m. Saturday. Emergency personnel assigned to the Marine Patrol, the Meredith Police Department, Stewart's Ambulance Service, and Meredith Fire and Rescue all responded, pulling Loftus from the water a short time later. She was transported to Lakes Region General Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident remains under investigation, no further information was available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 1
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?