Pats' Vollmer to be taken off PUP list
The Patriots' offensive line is about to get a huge boost.
Right tackle Sebastian Vollmer will be activated from the physically unable to perform list, according to a source, so he'll be able to practice for the first time this season. Vollmer had been held out of the entire offseason process and missed the Patriots' first 18 practices of training camp. Their next practice will be Wednesday in Tampa.
Marcus Cannon has been the team's starting right tackle in Vollmer's absence, but he'll slide into a reserve role once Vollmer is ready for full-time duty. Backups Matt Kopa (ankle sprain) and Kyle Hix have also been out of action, so Vollmer will provide a big lift to the position.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- George Will: The loss of trust - 1
- Publisher's Notebook -- Joe McQuaid: From patriotic displays to saving history - 3
- 'The Shamrock' - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor gave police chief a very hot pepper - 0
- Gate City Musings: Officials' tax excuses implausible - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 3
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 6
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs