Pats' Vollmer to be taken off PUP list
The Patriots' offensive line is about to get a huge boost.
Right tackle Sebastian Vollmer will be activated from the physically unable to perform list, according to a source, so he'll be able to practice for the first time this season. Vollmer had been held out of the entire offseason process and missed the Patriots' first 18 practices of training camp. Their next practice will be Wednesday in Tampa.
Marcus Cannon has been the team's starting right tackle in Vollmer's absence, but he'll slide into a reserve role once Vollmer is ready for full-time duty. Backups Matt Kopa (ankle sprain) and Kyle Hix have also been out of action, so Vollmer will provide a big lift to the position.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 1
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 28
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?