Pats' Vollmer to be taken off PUP list
The Patriots' offensive line is about to get a huge boost.
Right tackle Sebastian Vollmer will be activated from the physically unable to perform list, according to a source, so he'll be able to practice for the first time this season. Vollmer had been held out of the entire offseason process and missed the Patriots' first 18 practices of training camp. Their next practice will be Wednesday in Tampa.
Marcus Cannon has been the team's starting right tackle in Vollmer's absence, but he'll slide into a reserve role once Vollmer is ready for full-time duty. Backups Matt Kopa (ankle sprain) and Kyle Hix have also been out of action, so Vollmer will provide a big lift to the position.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty