Home » News » Public Safety
Meredith woman succumbs to injuries in Sandwich wreck
SANDWICH - A Meredith woman has died of injuries from a rollover accident on Route 25 early Sunday morning.
According to New Hampshire State Police, Sherry Lewis, 45, was driving west on Route 25, also known as Whittier Highway, about 12:38 a.m. when the SUV she was driving left the highway. She was able to steer the vehicle back onto the road, but it rolled ejecting Lewis and passenger Robert Guida, 41, also of Meredith.
Both were air-lifted to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, where Lewis later died as a result of her injuries.
State Police were assisted at the scene by Tamworth, Moultonborough and Sandwich police, Sandwich Fire Rescue, and the State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester restaurant closed after employee commits suicide - 0
- Abby's home, but answers aren't as police ask public for help - 4
- Spofford three-car crash injuries two - 0
- Dover man remains in critical condition after motorcycle crash - 0
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major over weekend - 3
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 32
- Solutions sought in rectifying traffic backups in Meredith - 1
- Dover mortorcyclist taken to Maine hospital after crash - 0
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law