Home » News » Public Safety
Meredith woman succumbs to injuries in Sandwich wreck
SANDWICH - A Meredith woman has died of injuries from a rollover accident on Route 25 early Sunday morning.
According to New Hampshire State Police, Sherry Lewis, 45, was driving west on Route 25, also known as Whittier Highway, about 12:38 a.m. when the SUV she was driving left the highway. She was able to steer the vehicle back onto the road, but it rolled ejecting Lewis and passenger Robert Guida, 41, also of Meredith.
Both were air-lifted to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, where Lewis later died as a result of her injuries.
State Police were assisted at the scene by Tamworth, Moultonborough and Sandwich police, Sandwich Fire Rescue, and the State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 86
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time