Home » News » Public Safety
Meredith woman succumbs to injuries in Sandwich wreck
SANDWICH - A Meredith woman has died of injuries from a rollover accident on Route 25 early Sunday morning.
According to New Hampshire State Police, Sherry Lewis, 45, was driving west on Route 25, also known as Whittier Highway, about 12:38 a.m. when the SUV she was driving left the highway. She was able to steer the vehicle back onto the road, but it rolled ejecting Lewis and passenger Robert Guida, 41, also of Meredith.
Both were air-lifted to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, where Lewis later died as a result of her injuries.
State Police were assisted at the scene by Tamworth, Moultonborough and Sandwich police, Sandwich Fire Rescue, and the State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind