Home » News » Public Safety
Meredith woman succumbs to injuries in Sandwich wreck
SANDWICH - A Meredith woman has died of injuries from a rollover accident on Route 25 early Sunday morning.
According to New Hampshire State Police, Sherry Lewis, 45, was driving west on Route 25, also known as Whittier Highway, about 12:38 a.m. when the SUV she was driving left the highway. She was able to steer the vehicle back onto the road, but it rolled ejecting Lewis and passenger Robert Guida, 41, also of Meredith.
Both were air-lifted to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, where Lewis later died as a result of her injuries.
State Police were assisted at the scene by Tamworth, Moultonborough and Sandwich police, Sandwich Fire Rescue, and the State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 0
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 6
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- FBI agent kills Florida man with suspected ties to Marathon bombing - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 0
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 7
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 2
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs