Home » News » Public Safety
Meredith woman succumbs to injuries in Sandwich wreck
SANDWICH - A Meredith woman has died of injuries from a rollover accident on Route 25 early Sunday morning.
According to New Hampshire State Police, Sherry Lewis, 45, was driving west on Route 25, also known as Whittier Highway, about 12:38 a.m. when the SUV she was driving left the highway. She was able to steer the vehicle back onto the road, but it rolled ejecting Lewis and passenger Robert Guida, 41, also of Meredith.
Both were air-lifted to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, where Lewis later died as a result of her injuries.
State Police were assisted at the scene by Tamworth, Moultonborough and Sandwich police, Sandwich Fire Rescue, and the State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 3
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief