Home » News » Public Safety
Men attacked at Rock Rimmon Park, possibly with a machete
MANCHESTER — Two men who went to Rock Rimmon Park after hearing there was going to be a dirt bike race were attacked from behind and one man sustained a cut to his neck that may have been made with a machete.
Police said the 19-year-old victim and his 21-year-old companion had parked on Moore Street shortly before 4 p.m. Saturday and entered the woods via a path behind the Kimball Street Housing Development.
Shortly after they entered the woods, they told police, two strangers approached them from behind and the 19-year-old felt a blow to the back of his head and realized he was bleeding.
Police said the victim and his companion fled further into the woods, escaping their attackers. They exited the woods in the area of Upland Street.
Police responding to the scene said the victim had a serious laceration to an area on his back, at the base of his neck and he was transported to the Elliot Hospital for treatment.
The victim told police that based on the weight of the blow, and the resulting wound, he thought the weapon could have been a machete.
The attackers are described as a black male with short hair who was wearing jean shorts and a blue T-shirt and a white male with short blond hair who was wearing black jeans and no shirt.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident, for which the motive remains unclear.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Manchester Police Department at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at www.manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
- Man who led Rochester police on chase held on $100K bail - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072