June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Grand jury indicts Manchester man on sexual assault charges
CONCORD —Longtime youth baseball coach Robert Joubert, 58, of Manchester, was indicted by the Merrimack County grand jury on five sexual assault charges involving two boys.
Four of the indictments involve one boy over a period between January 1995 and August 1997. Three of the indictments allege aggravated felonious sexual assault while the boy was under age 13 and one alleges sexual assault when the boy was between 13 and 16 years old, all of the alleged assaults occurring in Concord.
The fifth indictment, for aggravated felonious sexual assault, alleges a pattern of assault between May and September 2004 of a boy under the age of 13 in Concord and Pembroke.
Joubert was arrested in June while driving to Massachusetts. The investigation into Joubert’s alleged abuse began in March when police in York, Maine — where Joubert’s Seacoast Baseball Academy was based — received an email from a woman claiming to be the mother of an abuse victim.
She “referred to him as a ‘pedophile,’ who in New Hampshire, had a history of ‘police investigations and restraining orders in relation to young boys.’”
The affidavits released after Joubert’s arrest detail alleged abuses of several boys that started in 1984 and continued through at least 2004.
The affidavits detail interviews officers with Concord police, the FBI and Hillsborough County Attorney’s Office conducted with several alleged victims, including one who told officers that Joubert abused him twice, once in 1984 and again in 1986, both times in Weare when he was 9 and 11 years old.
The indictments address only alleged behavior involving two boys between 1995 and 2004 in Concord and Pembroke.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 26
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424