May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Shoplifter uses pepper spray, escapes
MANCHESTER — A shoplifter used pepper spray to make her escape Tuesday night after a loss prevention officer tried to stop her from stealing items at Rite Aid, 1 Willow St.
The loss prevention officer told police responding to a robbery report about 7:30 p.m. that a female shoplifter had discharged pepper spray at him after he confronted her.
The man said he had seen the woman conceal several items in her bag and walk towards the exit. He stopped her and confronted her about the thefts and she dropped her bag.
But when he picked it up, he said, she directed the pepper spray at him. He said he ducked, but the spray still hit his arm, neck and back and the woman then fled the store.
She is described as Hispanic with long dark curly hair, wearing a pink tank top and black yoga pants. She was seen leaving the area with two men, a white male wearing a white tank top and jeans and a Hispanic male with no clothing description.
Contact Manchester Police Department at 668-8711 with information. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made through the Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at www.manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424