May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Shoplifter uses pepper spray, escapes
MANCHESTER — A shoplifter used pepper spray to make her escape Tuesday night after a loss prevention officer tried to stop her from stealing items at Rite Aid, 1 Willow St.
The loss prevention officer told police responding to a robbery report about 7:30 p.m. that a female shoplifter had discharged pepper spray at him after he confronted her.
The man said he had seen the woman conceal several items in her bag and walk towards the exit. He stopped her and confronted her about the thefts and she dropped her bag.
But when he picked it up, he said, she directed the pepper spray at him. He said he ducked, but the spray still hit his arm, neck and back and the woman then fled the store.
She is described as Hispanic with long dark curly hair, wearing a pink tank top and black yoga pants. She was seen leaving the area with two men, a white male wearing a white tank top and jeans and a Hispanic male with no clothing description.
Contact Manchester Police Department at 668-8711 with information. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made through the Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at www.manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424