Mr. and Mrs. John 'Jack' Merrill celebrated 66th anniversary
Mr. and Mrs. John “Jack” Merrill of Manchester recently celebrated their 66th wedding anniversary.
Jack Merrill and the former Genevieve H. Todd were married on July 6, 1946, in Worcester, Mass.
Mr. and Mrs. Merrill have two daughters, Barbara Austin of Duxbury, Mass., and Pam Smith of Concord.
The couple celebrated their anniversary with family at a surprise party hosted by their daughters on July 7.
Mr. Merrill worked for International Harvester Company, after serving in World War II and completing college at the University of New Hampshire.
He was a salesman and was transferred to Manchester in the mid-1950s to become a branch manager. His last 10 years of work prior to retirement were with Ryder.
Mrs. Merrill was a homemaker, raising their two daughters, and was an active member and/or volunteer with Girl Scouts, First Congregational Church, Salvation Army programs, Gale House, Webster House and others.
Weddings, Engagements, Births
READER COMMENTS: 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 1
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
Goffstown police sergeant fights suspension
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Casino vote stirs emotions on both sides