Home » News » Public Safety
Horse freed from crashed trailer in Rochester
ROCHESTER — One man was hurt Wednesday morning in an accident involving a truck pulling a horse trailer, and the horse inside spent a harrowing time sideways before rescue crews could free it.
The accident happened about 6:45 a.m. at the intersection of Salmon Falls Road and Highland Street.
Police reported that a 2005 Chevy pickup driven by Jessica Lawler of Rochester was pulling the trailer and heading east on Highland Street when the trailer was hit by a 1997 Chevy pickup driven by James Drown of Somersworth. Police said Drown was traveling northbound on Salmon Falls Road when he collided with the trailer at the intersection.
Drown was transported to Frisbie Hospital by EMS personnel for apparent non-life-threatening injuries. Police said he was not wearing his seat belt.
Police enlisted the help of staff from the Myhre Equine Clinic in Rochester to sedate the horse so fire personnel could extricate it from the trailer.
Police say the horse was removed and appeared to be unharmed.
Lawler was issued a warning for failure to yield to traffic control devices, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 151
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 24
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off