Home » Sports » College Sports
St. Anselm gridders routed in season opener
Maybe it’s time for St. Anselm College to find a new season-opening opponent.
Kevin Morton threw six touchdown passes as host 12th-ranked Kutztown (Pa.) University defeated the Hawks, 58-6, in the season opener for both football programs Thursday.
The Golden Bears captured their fifth straight season opener against St. Anselm.
Morton, who opened the scoring with a five-yard TD scamper, threw TD passes of 45, 59, 33, 20, 15 and 11.
Curtis Wortham had an 81-yard touchdown run for the Golden Bears.
Colby Tuell hauled in a pair of TD tosses in the first quarter, giving Kutztown a 35-0 lead at that point.
Morton was 31-for-45 for 409 yards.
Sophomore Stephen Cuipa of Bedford started at quarterback for the Hawks. He went 6-for-17 for 45 yards, while Ray Doucette was 5-for-8 for 52 yards. Doucette threw a 25-yard TD pass 2:40 into the second quarter to Keith Charles. The touchdown was the first points in three games at Kutztown.
The Hawks return to action Friday, Sept. 7 at 7 p.m. when they travel to Worcester, Mass., to take on Assumption College.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats need to avoid the drama - 0
- Brady to suspicious Texan: Pats 'just played better' - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not half bad - 0
- Eagles’ Kelly amps up support for Foles - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way (again) - 0
- For Patriots, an imperfect victory over Houston - 0
- NH's Griffin settling into NFL with Texans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Gap between Pats, Texans may not be so large - 0
- NFL Thanksgiving Roundup: Ravens outlast Steelers - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use