In this weekend's Sunday News
A conversation with the Obamas
The Obamas address questions from readers about the economy, the political stalemate in D.C., their family life and what they hope to accomplish next. Also, a new book by Curtis Eichelberger examines how NFL players reconcile their deep faith and love of the game with their on-field violence.
The high school football season kicks off with games Friday and Saturday, and no one covers the action more comprehensively than the Union Leader and Sunday News. We'll bring you game stories, roundups and, on Sunday, Marc Thaler's “First & 10” notebook column.
On his feet
Sitting in a power scooter less than four months after a partial amputation of his left leg, diabetes patient Don Willikens is already talking about the prosthesis he'll be getting. Dartmouth-Hitchcock care coordinator Diane Flint is helping to ensure he'll be walking again soon, putting a face on the new way of providing medicine called accountable care organization.
In September 1961, Barney and Betty Hill of Portsmouth claimed they had been abducted by aliens while driving through Lincoln. Their tale has been recounted many times and will be again ... and again ... during the fourth annual Exeter UFO Festival on Saturday. We'll be there to report on any unusual sightings.
Beyond beach chairs
Now that summer is over, here are some important moves you should make before the end of the year — including updating wills, financial records, reviewing insurance, making charitable contributions, and contributing to IRAs and 529 plans.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19