Home » News » Public Safety
Passenger critically injured in Sandown crash
SANDOWN — A passenger was critically injured Thursday night when the driver of a Pontiac GTO lost control and struck a shed on Main Street, police said.
The crash happened just after 11 p.m. in the area of 503 Main St.
Police Chief Joseph Gordon said a male passenger who was seriously injured was transported to Parkland Medical Center in Derry and then flown by medical helicopter to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston where he was listed in critical condition.
Gordon said he could not yet release the passenger’s name because police were still trying to confirm the Florida man’s identity with family.
The driver was identified as David Bastarache, 44, of Chester. He was treated and released from Parkland Medical Center while a second passenger, whose name was also unavailable, remains hospitalized with unknown injuries.
Gordon said speed appears to be a factor and that charges will likely be filed.
The accident occurred at a sharp turn in the road.
“He was definitely traveling too fast for the road,” Gordon said.
The shed and vehicle sustained significant damage, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 1
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 1
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Berlin man dies while kayaking
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos