Home » News » Public Safety
Mosquito in Exeter tests postive for West Nile
EXETER — A mosquito trapped in the Hobart Street area has tested positive for West Nile Virus, the town’s health officer said Saturday.
Hobart Street is near the Brick Yard recreation fields and Brick Yard Pond on Kingston Road (Route 111). Parks in Exeter have been barrier sprayed to limit exposure to mosquitos, according to Ken Berkenbush.
Until the first killing frost, people should wear socks, long pants and long-sleeved shirts; consider using insect repellent; and avoid being out between evening and dawn.
Symptoms may include high fever, headache, neck stiffness, stupor, disorientation, coma, tremors, muscle weakness, nausea, vomiting, body aches, vision loss, numbness and paralysis. Those with symptoms should consider seeking medical attention.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 0
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072