May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Laconia teen dead after police pursuit in Northfield
Victim's mom: She thought she loved him
Weare 18-year-old accused in fatal chase had no license
NORTHFIELD - Police pursuit of a stolen vehicle early Sunday morning ended in a crash that has claimed the life of a Laconia woman.
Paige E. Garneau, 19, was critically injured when driver, Robert M. Pitts, 18, of Weare, lost control of an allegedly stolen 2012 Chevrolet Impala trying to take Exit 17E off Interstate 93 South, according to New Hampshire State Police - Troop D.
About 2:45 a.m., Tilton and Northfield police became involved in a pursuit of a stolen vehicle in Northfield, according to Troop D. Pitts entered I93 at Exit 19 and raced south with police behind.
"Pitts took the off-ramp and failed to negotiate the corner," Troop D said. "The vehicle subsequently left the roadway and came to rest after hitting several trees."
The lone passenger, Garneau, was transported to Concord Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Pitts faces several charges for the pursuit and crash, police said, and is being treated at Concord Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Troop D was assisted at the scene by Tilton, Northfield, Boscawen and Concord police as well as the N. H. State Medical Examiners Office.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Trooper Livingstone at Troop D State Police Barracks, 603-223-8496.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 6
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 10
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 1
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 26
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 13
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424