Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats suffer third-straight loss, season finale this afternoon on the road
New Britain scored six runs in the bottom of the fourth inning to take control in a 10-3 home win over the visiting New Hampshire Fisher Cats Sunday afternoon in Eastern League play.
It's the third straight loss for New Hampshire (61-80) heading into today's 1:35 p.m. season finale at New Britain. The Rock Cats, winners of their last five, are now 74-67.
Oswaldo Arcia had a two-run triple and Chris Herrmann had a two-run single in the six-run rally for New Britain.
The offensive output chased New Hampshire starter Ryan Tepera (7-3) from the game.
The Fisher Cats took a 1-0 lead in the first on a double by Jake Marisnick and an RBI single by Ryan Goins. Brad Glenn hit his 19th homer of the year for New Hampshire's run in the fourth.
New Hampshire's Brian Jeroloman accounted for his team's third and final run with an RBI single in the sixth.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 1
- George Will: The loss of trust - 1
- Publisher's Notebook -- Joe McQuaid: From patriotic displays to saving history - 3
- 'The Shamrock' - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor gave police chief a very hot pepper - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents