Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats suffer third-straight loss, season finale this afternoon on the road
New Britain scored six runs in the bottom of the fourth inning to take control in a 10-3 home win over the visiting New Hampshire Fisher Cats Sunday afternoon in Eastern League play.
It's the third straight loss for New Hampshire (61-80) heading into today's 1:35 p.m. season finale at New Britain. The Rock Cats, winners of their last five, are now 74-67.
Oswaldo Arcia had a two-run triple and Chris Herrmann had a two-run single in the six-run rally for New Britain.
The offensive output chased New Hampshire starter Ryan Tepera (7-3) from the game.
The Fisher Cats took a 1-0 lead in the first on a double by Jake Marisnick and an RBI single by Ryan Goins. Brad Glenn hit his 19th homer of the year for New Hampshire's run in the fourth.
New Hampshire's Brian Jeroloman accounted for his team's third and final run with an RBI single in the sixth.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 1
- George Will: The loss of trust - 1
- Publisher's Notebook -- Joe McQuaid: From patriotic displays to saving history - 3
- 'The Shamrock' - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor gave police chief a very hot pepper - 0
- Gate City Musings: Officials' tax excuses implausible - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty