Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Hoar, Helliwell 1-2 in ACT Labor Day Classic 200
BARRE, Vt. — Defending American Canadian Tour (ACT) champion Brian Hoar of Williston, Vt., and current point leader Wayne Helliwell Jr. of Dover finished 1-2 in the Bond Auto Parts Labor day Classic 200 at Thunder Road Sunday.
Hoar led the final 92 laps of the event, many of which were spent dueling with Helliwell’s Ekeys 4 Cars Ford No. 27. His fourth win of the year trimmed Helliwell’s advantage to eight points with one event at Airborne Speedway in Plattsburgh, N.Y., remaining.
Three-time Thunder Road winner Cris Michaud of East Montpelier, Vt., Joey Polewarczyk Jr. of Hudson and Austin Theriault of Fort Kent, Maine, completed the top five.
Forty-three Late Models were in the pits attempting to qualify for the 30-car field.
Ben Lynch of Derry placed eighth after starting 16th. Randy Potter of Groveton started and finished in 15th. ACT Bond Auto Labor Day Classic
Thunder Road, Barre, Vt.
1. Brian Hoar, Williston, Vt. (5)
2. Wayne Helliwell Jr. Dover (9)
3. Cris Michaud, E Montpelier, Vt. (25)
4. Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. Hudson (8)
5. Austin Theriault, Fort Kent, Maine (29)
6. Brooks Clark, Fayston, Vt. (6)
7. Brent Dragon, Milton, Vt. (10)
8. Ben Lynch, Derry (11)
9. Scott Payea, Milton, Vt. (20)
10. Nick Sweet, Barre, Vt. (7)
Others from New Hampshire
14. Phil Scott, Berlin (23)
15. Randy Potter, Groveton (12)
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delaney Flanagan: Memories at the graveyard - 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 1
- George Will: The loss of trust - 1
- Publisher's Notebook -- Joe McQuaid: From patriotic displays to saving history - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off