May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Man arrested at family gathering after assaulting a family member, another adult on Sunday
MANCHESTER — A man is set to be arraigned today on charges he assaulted people at a family gathering Sunday and then threatened one of them with a gun.
Joseph Velez, 28, is charged with two counts of felony criminal threatening and three misdemeanor counts of simple assault, along with other misdemeanor charges.
The incidents took place Sunday night at 35 Rosewood Lane in Manchester, which is the address Velez gave as his own.
There were at least two victims; both were adults, and one of them was a family member, according to Manchester Police Sgt. Kristin Taylor.
Taylor said the misdemeanor assaults took place earlier in the evening Sunday, then the suspect returned to the gathering and threatened someone with a gun.
Velez is scheduled to be arraigned at the 9th Circuit Court District Division in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424