Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Man arrested at family gathering after assaulting a family member, another adult on Sunday
MANCHESTER — A man is set to be arraigned today on charges he assaulted people at a family gathering Sunday and then threatened one of them with a gun.
Joseph Velez, 28, is charged with two counts of felony criminal threatening and three misdemeanor counts of simple assault, along with other misdemeanor charges.
The incidents took place Sunday night at 35 Rosewood Lane in Manchester, which is the address Velez gave as his own.
There were at least two victims; both were adults, and one of them was a family member, according to Manchester Police Sgt. Kristin Taylor.
Taylor said the misdemeanor assaults took place earlier in the evening Sunday, then the suspect returned to the gathering and threatened someone with a gun.
Velez is scheduled to be arraigned at the 9th Circuit Court District Division in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 22
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424