Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man arrested at family gathering after assaulting a family member, another adult on Sunday
MANCHESTER — A man is set to be arraigned today on charges he assaulted people at a family gathering Sunday and then threatened one of them with a gun.
Joseph Velez, 28, is charged with two counts of felony criminal threatening and three misdemeanor counts of simple assault, along with other misdemeanor charges.
The incidents took place Sunday night at 35 Rosewood Lane in Manchester, which is the address Velez gave as his own.
There were at least two victims; both were adults, and one of them was a family member, according to Manchester Police Sgt. Kristin Taylor.
Taylor said the misdemeanor assaults took place earlier in the evening Sunday, then the suspect returned to the gathering and threatened someone with a gun.
Velez is scheduled to be arraigned at the 9th Circuit Court District Division in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 13
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 5
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483