Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Man arrested at family gathering after assaulting a family member, another adult on Sunday
MANCHESTER — A man is set to be arraigned today on charges he assaulted people at a family gathering Sunday and then threatened one of them with a gun.
Joseph Velez, 28, is charged with two counts of felony criminal threatening and three misdemeanor counts of simple assault, along with other misdemeanor charges.
The incidents took place Sunday night at 35 Rosewood Lane in Manchester, which is the address Velez gave as his own.
There were at least two victims; both were adults, and one of them was a family member, according to Manchester Police Sgt. Kristin Taylor.
Taylor said the misdemeanor assaults took place earlier in the evening Sunday, then the suspect returned to the gathering and threatened someone with a gun.
Velez is scheduled to be arraigned at the 9th Circuit Court District Division in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917