Home » News » Public Safety
Canterbury woman injured in ATV rollover
NORTHFIELD - A 51-year-old Canterbury woman was seriously injured in an All-Terrain Vehicle rollover Monday night.
The accident happened about 6:40 p.m. Liane Hoyt of Canterbury was operating an ATV on a snowmobile trail in Northfield when the machine rolled over on top of her, causing serious injuries. Hoyt was riding with a group, but none of the other riders saw the accident.
When companions got the machine off her, Hoyt, who was not wearing a helmet, was unconscious. They called 911 for assistance.
Tilton/Northfield Fire and Rescue personnel responded to the scene with an ambulance, along with Northfield police and a New Hampshire Fish and Game officer.
Hoyt was transported to Concord Hospital, then airlifted by DHART to the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
"This serious incident underscores the importance of wearing a helmet when operating an ATV or snow machine," said Fish and Game Conservation Officer Brad Morse.
The incident remains under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police warn of holiday pitfalls - 0
- Halogen lamp causes Somersworth house fire - 0
- Dover enacts emergency parking ban for Friday - 0
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072