Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Franklin Street home; no one injured
DERRY — The Derry Fire Department is investigating a Tuesday morning fire that heavily damaged a house at 99 Franklin St.
One person at the house was evaluated for smoke exposure at the scene but did not require further treatment or transportation. Firefighters also rescued two cats from the building, according to Chief George Klauber.
At 11 a.m., the department received three calls reporting a fire in the area of 3 Folsom Road. A full first alarm including three engines, one ladder truck, an ambulance, and a shift commander responded to the call, according to Klauber, with the first vehicle arriving within two minutes of the call.
“On arrival, companies found the actual fire location to be 99 Franklin St.,” said Klauber. “The structure is a one-and-a-half story wood frame single-family residence. There was heavy fire showing from the rear of the structure and smoke from the front.”
According to Klauber, the fire was controlled with four hose lines. The fire was contained to the area it started in, but the entire home received extensive smoke damage.
The fire was determined to be under control shortly after 11:30 a.m.
Derry fire crews were assisted by personnel and equipment from the Derry Police Department, the Auburn, Londonderry and Windham fire departments, PSNH and the Salvation Army.
- - - - - - - -
Adam Swift may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 0
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 6
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 5
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 2
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs