Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Franklin Street home; no one injured
DERRY — The Derry Fire Department is investigating a Tuesday morning fire that heavily damaged a house at 99 Franklin St.
One person at the house was evaluated for smoke exposure at the scene but did not require further treatment or transportation. Firefighters also rescued two cats from the building, according to Chief George Klauber.
At 11 a.m., the department received three calls reporting a fire in the area of 3 Folsom Road. A full first alarm including three engines, one ladder truck, an ambulance, and a shift commander responded to the call, according to Klauber, with the first vehicle arriving within two minutes of the call.
“On arrival, companies found the actual fire location to be 99 Franklin St.,” said Klauber. “The structure is a one-and-a-half story wood frame single-family residence. There was heavy fire showing from the rear of the structure and smoke from the front.”
According to Klauber, the fire was controlled with four hose lines. The fire was contained to the area it started in, but the entire home received extensive smoke damage.
The fire was determined to be under control shortly after 11:30 a.m.
Derry fire crews were assisted by personnel and equipment from the Derry Police Department, the Auburn, Londonderry and Windham fire departments, PSNH and the Salvation Army.
- - - - - - - -
Adam Swift may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Man pulled from Barnstead pickup truck wreck with serious head injury - 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 3
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester