Exeter's Arlen grabs another silver medal at London Paralympic Games
Just four days into the 2012 London Paralympic Games, Exeter’s Victoria Arlen won her third silver medal after a second-place finish in the 50 meter freestyle on Tuesday at the Aquatics Centre.
Arlen finished the race with a time of 35.32, trailing only the Netherlands’ Mirjam de Koning-Peper, who finished with a Paralympic record time of 34.77. Arlen’s time broke her own American record of 35.90, which she set in Bismarck, N.D., in June.
Arlen finished second to Great Britain’s Eleanor Simmonds’ world record time of 5:19.17 in the 400 with a time of 5:20.18, but overtook the 17-year-old in the 50, finishing a spot ahead of her.
On Monday, Arlen teamed with Susan Beth Scott, Jessica Long, and Anna Eames to take second in the 4x100 free relay with a time of 4:24:57. The group lost to Australia’s world record time of 4:20.39.
Arlen will compete in the 100 breaststroke today and finish up her Paralympics run on Saturday in the 100 free.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 1
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 1
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Berlin man dies while kayaking
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840