Home » Sports » College Sports
College Roundup: Michaels' goal lifts FPU field hockey
Sara Michaels tracked down a loose ball on the right side of the circle and uncorked a shot which beat the charging keeper 4:12 into overtime to lift Franklin Pierce University to a 3-2 field hockey win over Adelphi in non-conference play in Garden City, N.Y., Tuesday.
Michaels finished with a pair of goals in the game. Taylor Libby also scored for the Ravens. Laconia’s Megan Bird notched an assist in the game, giving her 11 in her career and tying her for fourth on the young program’s list.
FPU keeper Sarah Cote made nine saves in her college debut.
Bentley 3, St. Anselm 1: At Goffstown, Meghan Talerman and Beth Maguire scored second-half goals to lead the No. 10 Falcons in a non-conference game. Trailing by a goal, the Hawks’ Kristina Katsikis tied the game at 1-1 when she collected a pass from Elizabeth Sears five yards in front of the cage. Her goal was the Hawks’ program-leading 22nd of her career.
St. Anselm is 0-2 in the young season, having lost to a pair of nationally-ranked teams (No. 2 Bloomsburg, 6-1, Sunday).
Emmanuel 1, Daniel Webster 0: At Nashua, Luke Partain scored an unassisted goal in the 46th minute to decide the match and drop the Eagles to 0-2. DWC’s best scoring chance came on a partial breakaway by Fabian Melo but was foiled by Scot keeper Ryan Coil, who made three saves. Daniel Webster keeper Sean Hamilton of Brookline finished with four stops.
New Hampshire: Freshman field hockey forward Meg Carroll is the America East Rookie of the Week...For the second straight week, Taylor Dunklau is the America East volleyball Setter of the Week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kattar wins main event in MMA action in Salem - 0
- Pro bouts highlight Rockingham Park MMA card in Salem - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: The magic has returned to Fenway - 0
- MLB draft rich with NH talent - 0
- Red Sox stuck to their plan during draft - 0
- Salem boys take another v-ball title - 0
- LeBlanc paces Conant win over Somersworth for Division III baseball title - 0
- Perkins paces Pittsfield - 0
- State girls final tennis match gains attention for the wrong reason - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time