Learning center seeks help with teaching English
MANCHESTER — The Sisters of Holy Cross are seeking retired teachers who would like to help newly arrived adult refugees and immigrants learn English.
Volunteers are asked to give two hours on Mondays and Wednesdays or on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Holy Cross Family Learning Center on the West Side of Manchester.
Classes are held from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Those interested can call Sister Jacqueline at 935-8479 for more information.
Additionally, citizenship and civics classes will begin on Sept. 17 at the center from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. These will be limited to 10 adults. Sewing classes will be held every Tuesday beginning in October, and computer classes will be held Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Adults must be registered to take part in classes.
Holy Cross Family Learning Center is located at 438 Dubuque St. More information on the center can be found at hclearningcenter.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial Day events in New Hampshire - 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands