Learning center seeks help with teaching English
MANCHESTER — The Sisters of Holy Cross are seeking retired teachers who would like to help newly arrived adult refugees and immigrants learn English.
Volunteers are asked to give two hours on Mondays and Wednesdays or on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Holy Cross Family Learning Center on the West Side of Manchester.
Classes are held from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Those interested can call Sister Jacqueline at 935-8479 for more information.
Additionally, citizenship and civics classes will begin on Sept. 17 at the center from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. These will be limited to 10 adults. Sewing classes will be held every Tuesday beginning in October, and computer classes will be held Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Adults must be registered to take part in classes.
Holy Cross Family Learning Center is located at 438 Dubuque St. More information on the center can be found at hclearningcenter.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions