May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Sweating man wearing Manchester police jacket arrested
MANCHESTER — It was quite the sight Wednesday morning on Kelley Street when a Manchester police officer arrested another Manchester police officer. Not quite.
It turns out a local man was arrested after an officer spotted him walking by the police substation sweating profusely in a Manchester police officer winter jacket with the department's insignia stitched to the right shoulder.
Christopher Kean, 49, of 573 Montgomery St., told police he received the jacket as a gift. Lt. Maureen Tessier said police have yet to determine how he came by the jacket which appears to be an authentic Blauer-brand police jacket.
Another officer saw Kean wearing it on Tuesday and warned him he could not wear it in public because he would be falsely portraying himself as a police officer, according to a police press release.
Officer Kelly L. McKenney was inside a Kelley Street business, which shares the storefront with the police substation, when about 9:30 a.m. Kean allegedly walked by wearing the jacket.
Another officer had seen Kean wearing the same jacket Tuesday and warned him he could not wear it in public because he was falsely identifying himself as a Manchester police officer.
Police said despite the warning, Kean wore it again Wednesday.
Kean was arrested and the jacket seized as evidence.
Police said a clerk at a nearby corner store expressed disbelief after seeing what he thought was a police officer arresting another police officer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 1
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 1
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 0
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 0
- Nashua aviation company looks for danger on ground - 0
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica wall on display - 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- John Stossel: Sublet my people go - 0
- Search continues for gadabout steer in Epping - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424