Home » News » Public Safety
One dead in crash on Route 101 in Milford
A tractor-trailer rig collided with a sedan on Route 101 in Milford Tuesday night, killing the car's driver and closing the state highway for at least five hours.
The collision occurred about 6:43 p.m. just west of the intersection with Route 101A, Milford police said.
The driver of the sedan was pronounced dead at the scene. The victim's name was withheld pending family notification.
Few other details were available early Wednesday as police continue to investigate.
The collision forced the shut down of both eastbound and westbound lanes of Route 101 from Route 13 to Route 101A. Police rerouted traffic on local roadways.
The road was expected to reopen about 1 a.m., police said.
Milford police asked anyone who witnessed the collision to contact them at 249-0630.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time