Home » News » Public Safety
Fatal Milford crash remains undetermined
MILFORD — A Merrimack man died Tuesday night after his car struck a tractor-trailer on Route 101 head-on, but it’s still unclear why his vehicle crossed over into oncoming traffic.
Just before 7 p.m. on Tuesday, police, fire and ambulance personnel responded to the two-vehicle crash on the Route 101 bypass just west of Route 101A.
According to Milford polcie Capt. Chris Nervik, a 2003 Honda Accord driven by Erich Eger, 49, of Merrimack was traveling east when he crossed over the solid yellow line into the path of a Kenworth tractor trailer driven by Scott Sears, 52, of New Bedford, Mass.
Eger was pronounced dead at the scene. Sears was not injured.
The accident shut down Route 101 in Milford for five hours as emergency personnel cleared the scene and Milford’s accident reconstruction team assessed the site. Nervik said the accident is still under investigation.
Nervik said that speed and alcohol did not appear to be factors in the crash.
Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to contact police at 249-0630.
- - - - - - - -
Nancy Bean Foster may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19