Home » News » Public Safety
70-year-old Somersworth woman airlifted after being struck by car this morning
SOMERSWORTH – A 70-year-old local woman was airlifted to Boston for a “substantial head injury” after being struck by a minivan while crossing the road Thursday morning, according to Capt. Russell Timmons.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 8:25 a.m. after a northbound 2007 Honda Odyssey, driven by Ann Sheedy, 42, of Berwick, Maine, struck the woman while making a left turn from High Street to Constitution Way.
As the pedestrian received a “substantial head injury,” Timmons said she was airlifted to a hospital in Boston. The woman's identity will be withheld until family is notified.
Timmons said investigators have not determined why Sheedy did not see the woman in the crosswalk.
Members of Strafford County Regional Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team responded to assist in the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 72
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 1
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time