Home » Sports » College Sports
College Roundup: DWC, NEC play to tie
Daniel Webster College and New England College played to a 1-1 men’s soccer tie Thursday in Henniker, leaving both teams winless on the season.
Erick Bourdeau gave Daniel Webster a 1-0 lead at the 58:40 mark on a header off a corner from Fabian Melo. Manny Arteaga of New England College tied the contest at the 81:06 mark. His score came off a free kick from Brandon Currier.
DWC is now 0-2-1 while NEC is 0-1-1.
Keene State 2, Springfield College 1 (2 OT): On Wednesday, Nick Godzyk’s controversial goal 2:54 into the second overtime period lifted the Owls.
Westfield State 2, KSC 1: In Keene Wednesday, Kara Pavlidis of Lee scored at the 20:46 mark. KSC falls to 1-2.
Regis College 4, New England College 0: In Weston, Mass. Thursday, Rachel Gagnon’s nine-save performance blanked NEC.
KSC 3, Westfield State 2: In Westfield, Mass., Wednesday, Angela Silveri had 11 kills while Jess Cornman-Homonoff and Kaylee Deluga each finished with nine kills. Sammy Dormio had a career-high 32 digs.
Keene State 3, Springfield College 1: In Springfield, Mass. Wednesday, Kalin Billert of Conway scored three times for her second consecutive hat trick. Marisa Lemoine of Berlin had an assist.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Granite Staters lifts UConn baseball team in NCAAs - 0
- Berlin native Gendron is new Maine ice coach - 0
- Goffstown’s Bourque heads UNH hockey recuiting list - 0
- Granite State players help college teams to playoffs - 0
- Franklin Pierce ousted from NCAA Div. II baseball championship - 0
- Sloppy FPU outslugged at World Series - 0
- Dionne, Duprey help Duke - 0
- Franklin Pierce opens D-II World Series with win - 1
- NCAA finals a first for most FPU Ravens - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off