May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Minister arrested over prostitution allegation
MANCHESTER — A minister who opened an evangelical Christian church in Pinardville two weeks ago was arrested Wednesday on a prostitution-related charge.
According to Manchester police, Robert Oliver, 54, identified himself as the pastor of Plymouth Brethren Assembly of Manchester. The church opened its doors Aug. 19 at 757 Mast Road.
According to a police statement issued yesterday, undercover officers observed a woman enter the passenger seat of a passing vehicle at Hanover and Beech street.
Police followed the vehicle to a nearby parking lot, where they saw the woman in the back seat with the driver. They arrested Oliver, who gave a home address of 284 Sullivan St., and Michelle DiCampo, 41, of Manchester.
Efforts to reach Oliver through the church telephone number were unsuccessful Thursday.
A recent New Hampshire Union Leader article reported the church is the 34th of the denomination and held its first service Aug. 19.
Oliver said he was aiming to build the church by going door to door and befriending people who aren't existing churchgoers.
“We want to win the lost of Jesus first,” the article quoted him saying.
Oliver said he had served as pastor of a nondenominational church in Canada, but a split at the church in Canada led Oliver and his wife to New Hampshire. “My wife and I prayed and we just kept hearing 'Manchester, N.H.' We took a trip down here and the Lord provided a building for the church and an apartment, and we believe it's his will for us to be here in Manchester,” he said in the article.
Police said they also arrested a woman Wednesday on an unrelated prostitution charge.
Manchester resident Jennifer Hart, 36, allegedly agreed to a sex act in exchange for money, after meeting a police officer who answered a posting she made on a website.
- - - - - - - -
Mark Hayward may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424