Home » News » Public Safety
Boat bursts into flames in I-89 SUV rollover
HOPKINTON - A boat burst into flames along Interstate 89 after the SUV towing it crashed and rolled over Saturday, police said.
Andrew Costen, 51, of Bow, was headed south on I-89 when another vehicle abruptly changed lanes ahead, he told police. Costen tried to slow and swerve to avoid a collision, but he lost control of the SUV, which left the road and rolled, police said.
By the time emergency responders arrived at the scene the boat was engulfed in flame.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact New Hampshire State Police Sgt. William Graham at Troop D, 603-223-8795.
State police were assisted by Hopkinton police, firefighters from Hooksett, Webster, Concord, and Henniker, as well as the Hopkinton Rescue Squad.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 3
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- House kills Hassan-backed casino bill, 199-164 - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 8
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs