Home » News » Public Safety
Boat bursts into flames in I-89 SUV rollover
HOPKINTON - A boat burst into flames along Interstate 89 after the SUV towing it crashed and rolled over Saturday, police said.
Andrew Costen, 51, of Bow, was headed south on I-89 when another vehicle abruptly changed lanes ahead, he told police. Costen tried to slow and swerve to avoid a collision, but he lost control of the SUV, which left the road and rolled, police said.
By the time emergency responders arrived at the scene the boat was engulfed in flame.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact New Hampshire State Police Sgt. William Graham at Troop D, 603-223-8795.
State police were assisted by Hopkinton police, firefighters from Hooksett, Webster, Concord, and Henniker, as well as the Hopkinton Rescue Squad.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newton boy badly hurt when struck by SUV while walking - 0
- Body found floating in Sagamore Creek identified - 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 4
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 5
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 2
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072