Home » News » Public Safety
Woman killed in tractor-trailer collision on Route 111 in Salem; road reopened
Salem woman died in crash with tractor trailer
SALEM —A woman was killed when the car she was driving struck a truck on Route 111 in Salem Monday morning and rolled over.
The accident happened around 10:45 a.m. near Autumn Woods Road. The 2009 Mazda was operated by a woman who was traveling east on Route 111 when it crossed into the westbound lane into the path of the 2002 Kenworth tractor trailer truck, according to a police press release.
There were no other occupants in the Mazda and no one else was injured in the crash, according to police.
The woman's name has not been released.
The road remained closed into the evening while the Salem Police Department Technical Accident Reconstruction Team investigated the incident with the New Hampshire State Police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty