Home » News » Public Safety
Woman sent to hospital for minor injuries after Lee crash
LEE – A Fremont woman was transported to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries after she was found hanging upside down in an overturned vehicle Monday morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 125 Kelsey Road before 8 a.m. after a northbound 2007 Chevy Malibu, driven by Joanne Hennessey, 53, of Fremont, swerved to avoid a 2008 Honda Odyssey driven by Joyce Mallory, 51, of Lee, which was pulling out onto the road, according to Officer Eric Millar.
Sgt. Tom Dronsfield said the Malibu then swerved into an embankment and rolled on to its roof.
“There was never any contact with each other,” Dronsfield said.
As a result, Dronsfield said the woman was hanging upside down in her seat belt for about 15 minutes until firefighters were able to assist. He added she was transported to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover for “fairly minor injuries.”
Millar said he must still talk to the two women to determine what caused the accident, which remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 1
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack