Home » News » Public Safety
Woman sent to hospital for minor injuries after Lee crash
LEE – A Fremont woman was transported to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries after she was found hanging upside down in an overturned vehicle Monday morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 125 Kelsey Road before 8 a.m. after a northbound 2007 Chevy Malibu, driven by Joanne Hennessey, 53, of Fremont, swerved to avoid a 2008 Honda Odyssey driven by Joyce Mallory, 51, of Lee, which was pulling out onto the road, according to Officer Eric Millar.
Sgt. Tom Dronsfield said the Malibu then swerved into an embankment and rolled on to its roof.
“There was never any contact with each other,” Dronsfield said.
As a result, Dronsfield said the woman was hanging upside down in her seat belt for about 15 minutes until firefighters were able to assist. He added she was transported to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover for “fairly minor injuries.”
Millar said he must still talk to the two women to determine what caused the accident, which remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 10
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced