SalemFest scheduled for Saturday and Sunday
SALEM — SalemFest is bringing fall fun to the streets this weekend.
Local nonprofits are banding together once again with music, crafts and family entertainment on Sept. 15 and Sept. 16
The third annual 5K kid trot kicks things off Saturday morning at 8 a.m. at the Woodbury School. Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. From 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. the Ingram Senior Center on Sally Sweet Way is offering a Pamper Me Spa Day, including manicures, massages and Reiki healing. The Senior Knit, Crochet & Quilting group will sell handmade wares.
Salemhaven and Silverthorne on Geremonty Drive will hold their annual fall fairs Saturday during SalemFest. SalemHaven’s annual fair is from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Silverthorne Adult Day Center Fall fair will run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Plenty of activity will take place along Main Street on Saturday. Greystone Farm is selling homemade apple pie and other goodies from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The Kelley Library is opening its doors for the annual Giant Book and Media Sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Civil War living historians will re-enact the life of a Union soldier and laundress from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. History buffs can also enjoy Historical Society Museum tours at the Old Town Hall, the Alice Hall Memorial Library and School House No. 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Triumphant Cross Lutheran Church’s International Dinner is scheduled Saturday from 4 to 7 p.m. at 171 Zion Hill.
Music and games will be offered throughout the day. Local nonprofits will also be on hand to offer information about their services and organizations.
St. David’s Episcopal Church’s 10th annual professional crafter’s fair will be open Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Salem Farmers’ Market is offering fresh food and produce at 37 Lake Street on Sunday from noon to 4 p.m.
Salem » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands